2.07.2012

Wedding-spiration: Makeup

   Lets talk about makeup! I don't know about you, but I love makeup. 
And it's a key ingredient for your wedding day....

    Now you are going to probably get a makeup artist for your wedding. It's not something that you want to pass up on. Now you're thinking "but that's something I can do...for free". Unless you are a makeup artist yourself, I would recommend against it. Makeup artists (MUA for short) have the know how and the product to keep you from :drying out, getting too shinny, overdoing the coon eyes, putting on too light/too dark of product. MUA's save the day basically.

  I can still see those budgeting woes. Don't fret! So here are some tips from both Martha Stewart Weddings & me.

Book a Pro's Assistant
The fee is much less, but "they train with us for years, so they're very skilled," says Nam Vo, a makeup artist in New York City..

Do the Legwork
Instead of having a beauty crew come to you and your bridesmaids (it can up the price by hundreds), travel to a salon for your hair and makeup.

Hire a Recent GradJust because they are fresh out of school doesn't mean they have no skill.
One of my favourite MUA is a "fresh pick" and has worked with me on many shoots. I'm not saying that she's cheap by any means, but most grads won't charge nearly as much as the seasoned pros. 

Always get a Test before the Wedding DayGo to the MUA and book a test session. This way you can go over certain "looks" for the wedding day. Also you can tell the MUA any skin issues and quirks, ie "I react to this brand, but not to this one" "I find my skin is dry on my forehead" etc...

Check out Kory Lynn's site {here}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...