10.03.2013

What to Wear to an Engagement Session

Fall is here and that usually means engagement sessions!

I say usually because not everyone wants a fall e-session. But lets not nit pick.
When I got my engagement photos done, I had all these grand ideas as to what I was going to wear. Then I put them on and, oh no don't quite like this, or does this make me look fat? You know those problems. So I had one dress that was cute, it has a nice cut and a simple pattern. A little timeless, I didn't want it to look terrible 20 years from now. Then my good old standby: jeans and blouse. Mind you they were mint jeans, but spring time needs mint jeans. Enough about me...more about you!





You don't need to be all matchy-matchy. No need to dress up like twins. Just colours that coordinate and prints that don't clash. Get in touch with your inner artiste and find complementary colours on a colour wheel and go from there.  Like in Jen & Jay's e-session, above, the coral in Jen's cardigan doesn't clash against Jay's blue shirt.




 Why have one outfit when you can have two? Go from casual wear to something a little more dressy. Or vice versa. It gives you more choice in photos, and if you can't settle on just one outfit, you have choice.





Nothing wrong with cold weather. A clean cut jacket and layers go a long way.


The most important thing is:
Be comfy in your clothes: They are a reflection of you...

You need to feel comfortable in what you are wearing to be comfy in front of the camera.
 That and so you can move around too. 


So in closing: 
Wear something that you are comfortable, confident and feel good in. Don't try and be twins, let your personalities shine through. Match without being over the top. Wear some layers, not only does it add visual interest, you can take off a scarf or add a sweater and it changes the look instantly. Bring a change of clothes, it just allows you to have more variety in the photos and if you can't pick just one outfit, you have back ups. Oh also almost forgot: bring your confidence. Confidence is the most beautiful thing a person could have.

xoxo- Melissa


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...